Redness of eye
I am suffering from chiken pox infection. I just want to know does the blister appears on the eyes also, as i can see in the mirror slightly hazy thing and my eye is red... As i am suffering from chickenpox i am getting treatment from local doctor... for this (eye) he has suggested "ciprofloxacin eye drop" is it ok

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Visakhapatnam

Hello 1. It may cause damage to cornea 2. Follow your doctor instructions 3. You can send your medical records for better discussion
Sharath Kumar K N
General Physician Mandya
Hello,,, yes chicken pox could cause conjunctivitis, it to called by the virus, which usually requires only symptomatic treatment as it improves on itself. If you are taking antivirals it is good it improves faster. Ciprofloxacin is a antibiotic drop,, here the main idea is to prevent secondary bacterial infection of eye so as complications, if you are already improving and symptoms are coming down then don't worry, you will be alright in less than a week, if your symptoms or worsening and eye problem increasing then, antivirals should be considered, Consult your doctor.