Redness and irritation

I going to swimming with out goggles, my eyes becoming very red ,and I have to desk job at office in computer I am feel very deficit to see, is that some problem ?? I am using Refresh eye drops for eyes for eye when I felt redness in eye as per doctor suggestion, can I use that for same issue. Kindly suggest.

Doctor Answers (1) on Redness and irritation

Dr. Aparna Bhatnagar Chennai | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Please remember to always wear swimming goggles in the pool. The chlorine content of water can cause irritation and redness.
Also please use Refresh tears or other ocular lubricants, preferably a preservative free.
At your work, while working on computer, please try to blink as much as possible. For 1 hour of work take a 5 min break and give adequate rest to the eyes. Try to minimize your work on any digital screen for not more than 6 hrs per day as prolonged use can lead to computer vision syndrome.
Thanks.
kindly consult an ophthalmologist to rule out any ocular allergy and cvs.