Redness & swollen eye.
My grandpa is facing a serious redness & swelling in his one eye. Although he's able to see clearly. But every area except the lens is in red color because the blood all around, he's a kidney patient too & sugar/b.p problems as well. I really like to know the reason if the eye problem is related to them problems. Or its just an eye infection. He doesn't feel any kinda pain in eye. But it's dangerously red all over. & swollen. The doctor has also prescribed an eye drop but I'm unable to see the results. It's still as red as it was. I really want to know if it's just a normal eye infection or something else. He had laser treatment in past years too. It's really confusing. Help!

Hello it is very difficult to comment without examining him Kindly share photos of eyes so that I may guide you better Regards
At age 72 yrs with diabetes & kidney ailments, Sometimes subconjunctival hemorrhage may occur resulting in severe redness  ,it usually occur in one eye at  a time, it will dissolve & disappear in 3- 4 weeks itself but as a precautionary measure you can use antibiotic eye drops (Tobrex eye drops) 3-4 times till it disappear ,if it doesn't  not disappear you consult local ophthalmologist. Dr Arjun kr Singh Patna.
It's subconjunctival bleed....usually related to high bp and kidney disease esp sugar...settles by itself in 2 weeks but same bleed can happen anywer esp brain heart so keep the bp sugar under control and have retina check up every 4 mths...Thanks .....