Facing red eyes issue and swelling also .
In last ten days faced this issue thrice.
This problem resolves automatically after few hours.i am also taking contraceptive pills as per doctor prescription .please suggest what could be the reason?
Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice
there are many causes for redness of eyes mainly allergy, infection, inflammation and dry eyes etc.
1. Redness + itching: allergy
2. Redness + pain + watering + decreased vision: infection
3. Redness + pain: inflammation
4. Redness foreign body sensation: dryness
if there is only redness then it is normal as slight exposure to dust, temperature or air or eyes may be red in morning. Stress may also cause redness. I usually do not treat when there is only redness, you can 1. Blink a lot
2. Wash eyes with fresh water
3. Cold compresses
4. Use lubricating eye drop like flogel these measures will help to keep your eyes healthy but it will not have any effect on redness (treating general redness alone is not necessary also)
Please send me your medical records and photos of your eye so that i may guide you better
Please consult an Ophthalmologist immediately as the problem is recurring again and again. I don't think it is an infection, it sounds more like an inflammatory or allergic reaction. The OCPs could be the cause.
I can understand your concern.
Is there also irritation or pain?
It could be a infection of your eye.
You should was your eye at least three times a day.
You can put ciplox eye drops one drop five times a day .
If it still persists,
Kindly consult a ophthalmologist in person for further evaluation and management.
Dr. Anil kumar jain.