Recurring ringworm

It's been 9 months I'm having ringworm.. firstly it was just on the abdomen... I consulted a general physician, she prescribed me Candiforce capsule for 14 days.. after those 14 days it started spreading near the groin area n I took candiforce capsules for another 14 days.. it never subsided n started spreading on my thigh region.. after many months it is not visible but itching sensation still persists.. help!!!

Doctor Answers (1) on Recurring ringworm

Hi. Greetings. Fungal infection is quite common, especially more common in men and in Summer. This is often related to humidity, tight clothing, excess sweating and accumulation of moisture. You'll need to keep the area dry, wear lose clothing. You'll need to see a dermatologist for confirmation of infection and treatment with oral antifungals and creams. If there's resistance to one particular medicine another medicine may be needed depending on your improvement. DO NOT USE OVER THE COUNTER CREAMS LIKE BETNOVATE GM OR PAN DERM OR QUADRIDERM... this will only prolong the infection. Hope this helps. Dr Govind Suresh Mittal.