Recurring cough
I have just recovered from cold and fever. i was on paracetamols. However, i think i have this alergic cough which originates from the water in the throat once it starts it continues for a while. i have no headache, fever or cold. Sometimes sneeze. Can I take an allegra 120 to curb this before i meet a doctor? Thanks.

Dr. Manoj Agarwala

Thanks for the query. Allegra contains fexofenadine and it is an antihistamine. It should work against all type of allergic reactions. They are used for symptomatic treatment and that is what you are seeking at present. Consider meeting an ENT specialist for appropriate approach and management. You can take Allegra till then. Hope it helps. Dr MK Agarwala Dermatologist. New Delhi