Recurrent UTI

I've been getting uti's or something similar for the past many years and i catch an infection in a jiffy. It's very uncomfortable for a lot of time and even after consulting with a doctor nothing seems to work too well. What should i do?

Doctor Answers (2) on Recurrent UTI

Agreed with madam. Please have lots of water daily. It should be 5% of your body weight so it will flush of system. Cranberry juice also helps. Vitamin C tablets on alternate day with syp. Cital 2 teaspoon in glass of water thrice a day( one day Cital and next day vit. C ) You will require this treatment for longer time( almost a month ) though u might have taken previously. Take antibiotics after urine culture report in proper doses for 14 to 21 days. And consult Nephrologist also.
Dr. Jyoti Bhaskar Ghaziabad | Gynecologist
I know it can be very distressing. Of course you need to get urine culture and take antibiotics accordingly. But important for Recurrent uti is to get your sugars checked to rule out diabetes and also a ultrasound KUB. With the reports visit a gynaecologist.