Recognize faces

I fail to recognize faces of people, even of popular celebrities. This isn't the case with people I meet in person. But yes with popular figures over screen or printed it is very likely I won't keep their images stored in one or two encounters. It is more in case of females as I have convinced myself with the belief that their make up makes them look differently each time. Any suggestion/feedback/advice is gladly welcomed.

Doctor Answers (1) on Recognize faces

Ms. Vidhi Shah Prabhu Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Hi, what you're suffering from is called prosopagnosia. It's symptom is failure of recognizing faces. It's a neurological disorder which doesn't have any specific treatment for cure but, there are certain therapies available to reduce the issue. Since how long have you been experiencing this problem? Practicing with visual aid (photographs particularly) can help overcome the problem to a certain extent so maybe you can try this technique. Hope this helps!