RBC 25-30 /hpf in Urine
In my urine there is a presence of RBC 25-30 /hpf. I also have a high fever ranging from 102 to 103.4 (max recorded) with unbearable headache at the back of my head. Is the fever a result of the RBC in my urine or is it vice-versa. I have consulted two doctors, one who asked to get all the blood and urine tests done, and the other who asked to get the urine test done again. As per the second doctor's prescription I am taking- • Switch 200 • Aceclofenac and Paracitamol (Alock P) • Cefpodoxime Proxetil Tablets (Switch 200) Due to holidays the retest result of Urine would only come on Tuesday. And it has been 5 days since fever (non pathological, as per the report) and as soon as the effect of medicine wears, the fever comes back. Please suggest as till now nothing seems to work. Even Paracetamol has not helped a lot in keeping my headache controlled. Ibugesic Plus did get my fever and headache down for around 5 hrs, after which the pain comes back.

Dr. Pratyush Kumar Mishra
General Physician 5 yrs exp Purba Champaran

Hi, U have got fever for 5 days with 25-30/hpf in urine r/m. Its good that u have done a repeat urine r/m ..we need to look for wbc's.. If possible get a urine culture and sensitivity and complete blood count done. Continue paracetamol.

Urine leukocyte esterase 25