Rashes on groin area.

I have rashes on my groin area and also in testis since a week, it appears in pink .. I applied four derm for 4 days, but itching still continues and in night I can't sleep.. Occurs often when I use toilets outside, but apart from that I stay complete clean.. Can you help me out..

Doctor Answers (1) on Rashes on groin area.

Hi. Greetings. This could be fungal infection or intertrigo. Fungal infection is quite common, especially more common in men. This is often related to humidity, tight clothing, excess sweating and accumulation of moisture. You'll need to keep the area dry, wear lose clothing. You'll need to see a dermatologist for confirmation of infection and treatment with oral antifungals and creams. If there's resistance to one particular medicine another medicine may be needed depending on your improvement. DO NOT USE OVER THE COUNTER CREAMS LIKE BETNOVATE GM OR PAN DERM OR four derm Or QUADRIDERM... this will only prolong the infection. Hope this helps. Dr Govind Suresh Mittal.