Quitting smoking clarifications
Dear Sir/Ma'm, My father has been diagnosed with the written condition for more than 3 years now, he has also smoking for over 20 years, now a days it's limited to 1-2 cigerette per day. I wanted to know, if under given existing medications, I can buy chewing gums and lozenges available for assisting smoking craving for my father? Are there any possible side-effects of them? The goal is to reduce smoking to zero. What should be whole process be like to be perfectly streamlined and some suggestions and advice please? What external gums like nicotex etc. which are advertised could be bought for this and what other options are there, please? Many Many Thanks & Regards!

Kindly discuss

Deaadiction is a behavioural pattern and need to addressed as per the psychological needs of the patient. Quitting smoking and not making it available would help to stop smoking within a week .
Consult me
Please consult with your Insurance Agency if they permit buying  Chewing gum, lozenges, and Nicotex. They have to give money. So they will permit you. Asking Doctors on Practo will not help because we have no legal authority.
Can help you with the next course of action and treatment plan. Would like to discuss in details and provide apt solution. Kindly consult.
You can opt for treatment like nicotex, 2baconil patch under doctor consultation. Dose should be gradually reduced. It all depends on patient to patient.