Quad muscles twitching

Today morning, a hot iron press partially impacted my thigh just above the knee. It caused a small cut and a burn. After a few minutes, I saw my thigh muscles around quadriceps were having twitching. I ignored the wound and the twitch and went on with gym - did legs workout too, stupidly! Now its evening and the same muscle is still twitching and I also feel minor muscle weakness in that leg. Weakness can be because of leg workout too, I think. But not sure. What should I do in this case? Thanks.

Doctor Answers (3) on Quad muscles twitching

Dr. Vishwas Virmani Noida | Physiotherapist
Core Strengthening Exercise- Straight Leg Raised With Toes Turned Outward, repeat 10 times, twice a day. Hams Stretching- lie straight, take the leg up, pull the feet towards yourself, with a elastic tube or normal belt. repeat 10 times, twice a day. Quadriceps Exercises- Lie straight, make a towel role and put it under the knee, press the keen against the role, hold it for 20 secs. Repeat 20 times twice a day. This will help relieve some pain.
Saurabh Bhalla Delhi | Occupational Therapist
Hi, The twitching was a result of Loss of electrolytes in the Tissue in other words change o composition of electrolyte in the tissue. There's nothing to worry , Just Take some Lemonade / Gatorade kind of thing and restore the electrolyte level. DO TAKE EXTRA CARE OF THE WOUND. and PREVENT IT FROM INVECTION
Restore your Body Electrolyte level's and TAKE Care of Wound.
PREVENT WOUND FROM INFECTION, RESTRAIN FROM HEAVY SQUATS.RESTORE ELECTROLYTE LEVELS. STAY HEALTHY!
Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern. Its nothing to worry about. Just take some rest and apply either silverex cream or megaheal gel over the burn after cleaning it twice. Do upper body workout for few days and hive the lower body a little rest. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain. Balaji clinic, Bangalore.