PUJ Obstruction
Hi Doctor, during one of my regular health checkup two years ago, I was diagnosed with PUJ obstruction in my left kidney. I don't have any symptoms yet and my urologist suggested a surgery two years ago. I haven't consulted any doctor after that. Can you please advise if surgery is recommended in my case.

Hi..... Surgery to correct the blockage allows urine to flow normally.... Adults may be treated with less-invasive procedures.... Detecting and treating the problem early can help prevent future kidney damage..... Most patients do well and have no long-term problems. Serious damage may occur in people who are diagnosed later in life. Long-term outcomes are good with current treatments. Pyeloplasty has the best long-term success....

Causes of kidney obstruction