Psychological
My friend was very short tempered and frustrated all the time and recently he was having some suicidal tendencies so he was taken to an psychiatrist.Doc examined him for one hour with some injection and told us that he is having too much stress on the brain and gave these medicines...TIKOPREX 250 and QMIND 100. I want to know clearly for what these medicines are prescribed and what is his problem? My friend used the medicine for 3 days and left them as he says he gets more sleep with them and he can't work in the office in the morning.Do we really get more sleep with these medicines?

Dr. Antara Gupta
Neuropsychiatrist 14 yrs exp Aligarh

Please change your psychiatrist if possible. Your friend seems to be suffering from agitated depression . He has been given pentothal interview i suppose..which was not needed here. Suicidal tendencies need immediate attention. Pls Visit a psychologist for this as well as a personality assessment.
Dr. Sharanabasappa A
Psychiatrist 8 yrs exp Bangalore

Hello, I think he is having BPAD mixed episode or Borderline personality disorder ( needs details of onset ) , he needs to continue medications ,he is getting more sleep probably because of Qmind 100 , consult your Psychiatrist, he needs both medication and psychotherapy.
Ms. Tishya Mahindru Shahani
Psychologist 6 yrs exp Vadodara
get a personality assessment done asap and start therapy