Psychiatric Help

My husband and I have been having problems off late and both have been suffering from depression, the difference is that I have accepted and taking professional help but he is not ready to accept that there is a problem with him and that he needs help. This is putting a lot of strain on our relationship as he doesn't want me around him at all. How do I get him to go to a doc or seek help.
views-icons 97 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (2) on Psychiatric Help

Dr. Varalakshmi Chennai | Psychiatrist
Its difficult for making a person recognise his problem .you can make an appointment with a psychiatrist with prior explanation about his condition .u can ask him to accompany you for the appointment , the psychiatrist may help you with a different approach to evaluate and make insight to him about his condition though this approach is legally not acceptable , you can give a gentle try
Dr. Swapna Patker Mumbai | Clinical Psychologist
Take him to the doctor because you need help . Let him accompany you. The doctor will handle this situation in the best way once the doctor understand the issue . You don't need to force him to take the treatment