Psoriasis palm
I have red and silver circles in my hand. I consult a dermatologist doctor, he said you have psoriasis and it also said there is no treatment to eliminate this diseases from root, but it can be control. doctor give me some tablets and cream (tablets names and psoriasis affected area attached). I want know that these tablets will covered for this diseases or not. and doctor said for 3 months treatment and 3 months rest and again 3 months treatment and 3 months rest within a year for whole life. is it correct treatment or not? please help me and clear my doubts and suggest me about this diseases.

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal

Greetings. This line of treatment opted for psoriasis is fine. Folitrax is a common medication used and must be initiated after screening tests. However, I wouldn't comment on such alternating treatment to be taken for your entire life. Continuous treatment can be given for few months while blood tests are monitored and lesions are controlled. Depending on severity, oral medications can be stopped and disease can be controlled with creams alone . hope this helps. Warm regards

Psoriasis vulgaris palms