Prostate Gland

My father has a prostate gland problem and wants yo get it treated from a specialist. Please suggest who is a good specialist in the country for this
views-icons 81 Views Mail QnA Whatsapp QnA v

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

Hello. I can understand the concern you have about your father's condition. I think you should know that its a commonest condition that occurs with increasing age where a person feels like going to toilet to pass urine very often and most of the times its very uncontrollable to them, sometimes there may be dribbling of urine. Collection of urine in the bladder can lead to stone formation or urinary tract infection since it acts as a breeding environment for bacteria.If the prostate Completely bkocks the passage of urine,that is a serious medical emergency which needs immediate intervention.the main thing in the management is to differentiate whether its a Benign or malignant ( cancerous) enlargement. Generally a biopsy is done, where a piece of prostate tissue is taken and examined to ruleout presence of abnormal or cancerous cells.If its Benign then medical and surgical options( eg-transurethral resection of prostate)are available to manage this condition properly. But if its cancerous early detection has good survival rate. Kindly consult a urologist for further management.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?