cancer-icon

Prostate Cancer PSA 5.9

My Dad recently been diagnoised with Prostate Cancer.He had undergone TURP 6 years back.Now as advised by Doctor he is used to do PSA in every 6 months.Now this time my father's PSA has jumped from 4.14(Feb'16) to 5.9(Aug'16).He regularly takes Veltam F for last 5 years.Now he has gone for biopsy which has given a Gleason Score 7(4+3).Positive cores vs Total Cores : 6/12. Involvement 13%.Now we have consulted 3 Docs who has viven 3 different opinions. 1. Whole abdomen MRI with bone scan after 2 weeks of Biopsy 2.PSMA Pet/CT Scan after 3 weeks of biopsy 3.Prostate MRI and if needed then Bone scan after 6 weks of biopsy. 2 Docs have afvised him to take BICALUTAMIDE twice daily. Now im pretty confused,what should U go for.Im from KOLKATA.If you suggest any Doctor or Hospital it eould be of great help.Thanks in advance.

Doctor Answers (1) on Prostate Cancer PSA 5.9

Dr. Kaushal Yadav Gurgaon | Surgical Oncologist
Your father has been diagnosed with carcinoma prostate. Now Next step is to stage the disease whether it is localised to prostate or spread outside. For local staging of prostate MRI Pelvis is best and to check disease at distance sites CECT thorax and abdomen along with bone scan is sufficient, other option which is less recommended is PET scan. Before starting these investigations it is also very important to know about general fitness of your father as his age is 66 years. If fit you should investigate him. My preferred approach is MRI Pelvis, CECT thorax and abdomen, and Bone Scan.