cancer-icon
Prostate cancer
My grandpa was diagnosed with prostate cancer,his psa at the time was 100. He was then treated with hormone therapy but it proved ineffective.As per the latest reports his psa is 329. What could be the next course of treatment? Is it still curable? Is there any hope?

Dr. Sandeep Nayak
Gynecologic Oncologist 18 yrs exp Bangalore
Dear sir, From your description it looks like a hormone refractory prostate cancer. I'm not sure if he is investigated for spread of cancer! Treatment depends on it. The options for him include change of hormone or adding a chemo. Surgery is an option if he is very fit. Radiotherapy to prostate also could be considered as an alternative.
Dr. Hithysh BM
Hello if metastasis has not occurred then surgery can be done consult surgeon or urologist for further evaluation and treatment.