Prolonged periods
My friend didn't get periods for last 2 months . She has got it on 31st may but very less bleeding everyday till today. This has happened 1st time for her. She is worried that it not stopping. It is almost been 12days . Pls suggest.

Dr. Disha Sridhar
Obstetrician 13 yrs exp Bangalore

It's a sign of hormone imbalance if pregnancy is ruled out. Please  read my blog on PCOS. Hope that helps.
Dr. Parag Patil
Gynecologist 23 yrs exp Thane

Bleeding at mensesoccurs due to shedding of the uterine lining. Mostly it is shed over 3-5 days but at times it may be shed over longer days. This happens due to immaturity of the lining due to hormone disturbance or as a result of some medicines or infection or hormone disorder or ovarian cyst. She needs an urgent evaluation by gynec to - Rule out infection - Rule out pregnancy is she is sexually active - Do sonography to rule out cyst etc So the best bet would be to consult a local gynec
Dr. Sachin Dalal
Gynecologist 17 yrs exp Mumbai

Please do urine pregnancy test and inform me.

Hello There. I can understand your concern. is she sexually active ? did she take any medicines? such things need to be examined and some tests like a ultrasound needs to be carried out to understand what is wrong. kindly take her to a gynaecologist As Soon As Possible and get her checked out in person. cannot suggest any medicines without examining such a case. best regards, Dr. Anil kumar jain
Dr. Anita Wesley David
Gynecologist 10 yrs exp Bangalore
please do a urine pregnancy test and consult a gynecologist for an evaluation