Prolactin serum high
I have recently found prolactin serum high in my wife's report but I don't know wat is this pls explain me simple wat is this..

Sharath Kumar K N
General Physician Mandya
Hello, The pituitary gland in brain contains lactotroph cells that produce prolactin, the hormone that stimulates lactation (formation of breast milk). When the prolactin levels in blood (due to prolactinomas, cause may vary) interferes with the function of the ovaries in a premenopausal woman, secretion of estradiol, the main estrogen, decreases. Symptoms include irregular or absent menstrual periods, infertility, menopausal symptoms (hot flashes and vaginal dryness) and, after several years, osteoporosis. High prolactin levels can also cause milk discharge from the breasts. Please talk to your doctor for further management.

Serum prolactin level