Problm rltd to TB

Iam having TB (As my montoux and tb gold test is positive) I just wanted to know 2years back I was having tb of lungs and taken medicine for 6months and after 6months my x-ray report was clear. But now, again after 2years iam having tb positive report. Dr has given the same medicine which I was taken earlier,plz siggst

hello there. this may be a case of reactivation. so if you are positive for tb-gold, go for a sputum test also. 2 samples would be taken one would be the spot sample and other would be a early morning sample. the sputum test would look for TB bacteria in your sputum. montoux and tb-gold can have false negatives also, but seeing the bacteria under the microscope is 100% reliable. if you do have then you have to consult a pulmonologist for further management with ATT (Anti-tubercular therapy). regards.
Harisha N L

Hi If only montoux positive you need to go through full protocol of diagnosis like chest x Ray,sputum examinations etc...if u r found positive in these then it suggests reactivated tb...if you have gone through full protocol you have take same medications...in not consult pulmonologist