Problm rltd to TB

Iam having TB (As my montoux and tb gold test is positive)
I just wanted to know 2years back I was having tb of lungs and taken medicine for 6months and after 6months my x-ray report was clear.
But now, again after 2years iam having tb positive report.
Dr has given the same medicine which I was taken earlier,plz siggst

Doctor Answers (2) on Problm rltd to TB

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
hello there.
this may be a case of reactivation.
so if you are positive for tb-gold, go for a sputum test also. 2 samples would be taken one would be the spot sample and other would be a early morning sample. the sputum test would look for TB bacteria in your sputum.
montoux and tb-gold can have false negatives also, but seeing the bacteria under the microscope is 100% reliable.
if you do have then you have to consult a pulmonologist for further management with ATT (Anti-tubercular therapy).
regards.
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Hi
If only montoux positive you need to go through full protocol of diagnosis like chest x Ray,sputum examinations etc...if u r found positive in these then it suggests reactivated tb...if you have gone through full protocol you have take same medications...in not consult pulmonologist