Problem on his behaviour

My friend is so good but he have a problem he is a boy but he behaves a bit as a girl his hand movements his voice and some action. Some people teases him so i want to know whether he have any problem why is his behaviour like that he feels a lot when other teases him. so i want to help on this condition so would you help to know about his problem and what should i do for that can he be back as a boy with behaviour as a boy Please help me with this problem

Doctor Answers (2) on Problem on his behaviour

Ms. Sneha Bhat Bangalore | Counselling Psychologist
I truly appreciate the gesture you have shown by being with him and helping him while other's are teasing him. That is like a true friend. Now, i would like you to look at everyone around you in your class keeping in mind your expectations from a boy or a girl in looks, mannerism, voice or other characteristics. You would see that everyone is different and what is in our head is just the model for average. People tend to tease or ridicule when someone is above or below average. Your friend had been a target here. He would need to visit a psychologist/counselor for two things. Firstly teasing would have reduced his confidence which he needs to build and other students' opinion also would have raised several questions in his mind about sexuality which needs to be explored. Take Care and continue the way you are. Best, Sneha Bhat
Assertiveness training can help your friend. You can consult a psychiatrist hey evaluated about his d condition and start the treatment.