Problem in the wrist

Two three days ago my bike slipped and I fell off. I hurt my wrist. Although I can grab stuff with it now but I can’t seem to rotate it. I had gone to a doctor on the day I hurt my wrist. He had said that it is alright. Today again I went to a doctor. He did an ex-ray examination and told me that a little part of my bone is chipped off. He says the a” plaster cast” for 20 days is not essential but recommended. How should I proceed? Should I get the plaster cast or not? Kindly provide your opinion. Thanks in advance.

Doctor Answers (2) on Problem in the wrist

Dr. Rajiv Mehta Delhi | Clinical Physiotherapist
Hope by know u must have relieved ur wrist pain if not that do visit a qualified and registered physiotherapist nearby for some sessions of wax and laser treatment which is essential even after plaster too. Know us more at www drrajivmehta com
Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello,,, you haven't attached your X-ray!!!!? It would have been better if you attached it. Well if only small fragment is chipped off, but if it is not displaced fragment then plaster cast is all you need for 3weeks,which prevents any movement at wrist joint helps to heal the fracture faster,, if displaced fragment you need to go for surgery.