Problem in sleeping..

Hello doctor, my question is which side is better to sleep...Heading towards East or West or North or South??... Some people say heading towards East or West is better...and heading towards the North for sleeping is the worst thing, they say... They argue that sleeping towards north is prone to Nightmares and chances are there for mental illnesses in future. Is it right or just a myth? My grandparents has said me these things when I was 5 years old. I don't believe these things but since then I always hesitate a bit to sleep that way. I asked this question just because I have to make sure 100% whether it is right or wrong. Help me. Thank you.

Doctor Answers (2) on Problem in sleeping..

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern but don't understand what's wrong with anyway you sleep? do you have any problem sleeping? all what you heard back in the day is just a myth. if you believe in all those things then avoid sleeping with head on the north. actually there is no acceptable scientific proofs to prove any such claims. best regards, Dr. Anil kumar jain
Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello, According to Vastu principles, the human body acts as a magnet with the head as its North Pole. If the head points north while sleeping, the NorthPoles of the body and Earth will repel each other, affecting the blood circulation and causing disturbed sleep and stress. South, East & West Are acceptable. And our mythology says,, sleeping with feet facing West will help to receive maximum advantage of sattvik frequency. But these are limited to our mythology,, there are no actual scientific studies to proove their effectiveness upto 100%. Majority of our Indian families follow this mythological principles from very long time. It all depends on one's belief in mythology to follow it's principle.