Prepone Menopause
Is there any medicine or food which can cause early menopause. I am to undergo an operation of uterus removal due to some problem But my doc says if u have menopause there would be no need for operation. So can i prepone my menopause

Dr. Neelima Deshpande
Sexologist 26 yrs exp Pune

Thank you for your question. Menopause can be induced but it helps to know for what reason and how long for. Its not clear what reason you are having surgery for. If it is for bleeding problems there are medicines as well as intrauterine devices or techniques to deal with the problem. There are injections too which do the job but they are expensive to take for a long time. Sometimes surgery is done for structural problems that cannot be managed with medicines and require surgery alone. Please discuss your surgery and available options and their advantages and disadvantages in detail so that you know what implications your choices might have. Best wishes