Pregnency related
I had my last period on 25th may.in between i had taken unwanted 72 pills twice with in 24hrs. on 2nd of july i had done pregnancy test and the result is positive.i want to keep this issue as this is my first issue...is there any chance of risk for baby in future.is there any side effect of unwanted pills?plz suggest.

Dr. Devjani Das (Ganguly)
Gynecologist 17 yrs exp Kolkata
If you have inadvertently taken four of the Unwanted 72 pills soon after your last period, it is unlikely to cause any major ptoblems in the baby, should you choose to continue with the pregnancy. There is no data to suggest that the levonorgestrel pill causes any major defects to warrant termination of pregnancy. However, please let your obstetrician know about this.