Pregnancy prevention

I will be getting married soon and i want to know what measures me and my wife should take to prevent pregnancy as we are not planning for child right now. Is using condoms are safe? If there is any tablets suggestion pls consider my wife is having allergy for I Brufain. Hope this data is sufficient to help us.

Doctor Answers (2) on Pregnancy prevention

Hi, OC pills of 4th generation are best like Yasmin. As it gives almost 99% protection. You can start pill from day 2 of menses but b in first month u need to take double precaution in form of condom. You can take pills safely provided u r not suffering from Liver disease, Migraine hypertension , or on any Tablets currently, DM and not any other disorders. Take care and all The best!
Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hey ,oral contraceptives pill is usually recommend for newly married couple , it contains estrogen and progesterone . chance of failure is condom usage so better go for oc pills ,consult gynaecologist