Pregnancy enquiry
I am conceived 5 weeks. Doctor checked vaginal scan OK and beta hcg level 4700 OK, waiting to check heart beat at 7th week. Pls clarify my queries: 1) 5th week beta hcg level 4700 is healthy fetus? 2) What diet recommended to follow? 3) What day today precautionary do's and dont's? 4) Doctor prescribed gestofit 400 twice a day vaginally. How does it help?

Dr. Lakshmi H K
Gynecologist 11 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi, congratulation, beta HCG level has to be repeated to comment on heathy pregnancy and doubles in 48 hrs if an healthy pregnancy and no need to monitor in all cases.No diet prescription for an early pregnancy,just avoid hard,Masala and oily foods.No extra precaution, can continue your daily routine activities if it is a low risk case and if your doctor not told anyting specific.Can take a medication gestone.
Dr. Krithika Manimaran
Gynecologist 8 yrs exp Chennai
It's a healthy value .wait for two weeks and see scan Avoid papaya pineapple jackfruit too much junk food over eating and artificial health drinks Avoid heavy unaccustomed work .stay active and healthy.gestofit helps to prevent miscarriage