Pregnancy doubt

My partner had her period on 4th September & we had unprotected intercourse on 12th September & within 18 hr she took I-Pill. Then on 26th September she got her period. Is there any chance of pregnancy ?? Please reply... Thanks.

Doctor Answers (1) on Pregnancy doubt

Dr. Neelima Deshpande
26 yrs. of exp | Pune | Sexologist
Thank you for your question. You are right to be concerned. However, the only way to know if she is pregnant is to do a urine pregnancy test. Taking the ipill can result in periods coming earlier or later and for the bleeding pattern to differ. This does not affect its ability to prevent a pregnancy. If the period is not normal or is delayed by 7 days the chances of pregnancy is higher and you should do a test if in doubt. You should also speak to your gynaecologist about using reliable regular contraception which is so much more effective than emergency contraception at preventing a pregnancy. hope this helps