Pre diabetes control

My mother had gone Hba1c test yesterday, the reports of ehich came today, and its 5.7 for her, which means she is diagnosed pre diabetic. Can you please suggest some nutrition tips and some simple exercises which she can do while alone at home. I am a working professional, so most of the times there is no one to look after her. it will be great if you provide me with a complete itinerary about how she should plan her meals for the day and what she should avoid taking, and what she must take and follow religiously. Please it would be of great help and assistance as I want to see my mother happy and smiling always.

Doctor Answers (2) on Pre diabetes control

Ms. Rekha Sachdev Pohani Pune | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hi good to see your concern.tips wont help but u require complete diet chart and consultation. I can help her to lose weight also as she is having 20-25 KGS overweight
Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello.... I can understand your concern to your mother... She is still pre-diabetic ,she can manage it with diet , she has to take more of fibre containing foods with less of calories... Wheat and ragi are best cereals for diabetic patients... She can chapattis, avoid giving sweets ,non veg, curried food items...