Power change

Hi, I visited my ophthalmologist today since I had a feeling that my right eye power has been changed. I had - 1.75 in both the eyes. I checked on 2013. After that I had not gone for regular check up. In hospital , they put three different drops in my eye and Now after examination doctor said that my power has reduced in left eye and changed in right eye. I should visit tomorrow to get my correct power. I'm wondering how my power reduced since I've only had my power increase all these days. Is it usual and how ?

Doctor Answers (3) on Power change

Dr. Shahnawaz Kazi Mumbai | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
A cycloplegic refraction is the best way to check no so use the glasses prescribed after dilatation.
Dr. Vaibhev Mittal Sangrur | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
hello at this age , number becomes stable and does not change minial variation between glass prescription is normal dont worrry
Dr. Vishal Arora Gurgaon | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Its very common that you have been given a lesser power. Most of the time in young individuals when power without dialatation, the spectacle number may be overcorrected. Also in myopia one has to wear the minimum minus power with which one can read. Though you may feel that the present glasses are not causing any problem. Its better to wear the number that comes after dialatation.