Possibly Viral Fever

1. 3rd day of my fever. Feeling slightly better now but with heavy head. 2 days ago i didn't have body ache and sore throat, only runny nose and fever, until last night when I woke up with a painful back, sore throat and fever at 101.8. Right now when I last measured. It was 100.8. But there is bodyache. Is it the next stage of fever. Does that mean I'm getting better? Have been on calpol 500mg twice daily and Zedex 2. I fear my family member might have acquired the Viral as he was complaining about blocked nose. Is there any precautionary medicine that he can have to not get the viral from me?

Doctor Answers (1) on Possibly Viral Fever

Dr. Pallavi Mehta Mumbai | General Physician
Hello Dear, It is possible that your family member has also contracted your infection. You and your family member can both continue taking Calpol twice a day. This will help with both fever and body ache. Body ache is common in viral fevers and takes some time to completely recover.