Please help me with cause

I have throat pain since three weeks, then I started having ear pain and neck pain, now I have pain under right side of jaw (like swollen glands) and inside mouth (cheek)...I was under treatment of gastroentritis...Please help me with the cause.

Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil
ENT/ Otolaryngologist 20 yrs exp Bangalore

This is a widespread ENT infection that requires a proper EMU examination followed by investigations both radiological & laboratory. Use this app to get an instant appointment with a good ENT Specialist in your city
Hi. I think its a secondary bacterial infection due to your low immunity following gastrointestinal infection. A throat infection can also spread to ear through a muscular tube connecting the throat with the ear and also to the potential spaces present in the neck. Patient may complain of difficulty or pain while swallowing, ear ache, hearing abnormal sounds in the ear, sometimes ear discharge. Jaw movements can be accompanied with pain due to spread of infection to potential spaces or glands in the neck. The swelling you have mentioned might also be a enlarged lymph node which is bodies defence mechanism to fight against infection. Kindly consult a ENT specialist for further management.