Planning for a baby
Hi, I am planning for a baby. My height is 5.3 ft but my weight is 75. Do I have to manage the weight before planning.

Sagar KS
General Practitioner 2 yrs exp Bangalore
Hi, height 5.3ft or 160 cms is good, not a short stature.if yours monthly menustrual cycles are normal and regular this weight is not a problem. you can start Folic acid supplements.these are standard for pregnant women and women who plan to become pregnant. Folic acid reduces the risk for birth defects of a baby’s brain and spine -- spina bifida and anencephaly -- by 50% to 70%. Folic acid may also lower the risk of preeclampsia and early labor.if any bad habits ,like smoking,alcohol consumption and others causes problems during pregnancy.consult obstetrician for full assessment.