Planning 2 conceive again

We are planning to conceive. My wife is consuming Folvite Folic Acid Tablets I.P. 5 mg since last 3 months. I want to know if the consumption of this tablet do not create any problem during starting period of pregnancy. Do she need to consume this tablet for continuously 3 months before pregnancy without any gap? What precautions we must take during first 3-4 months of pregnancy (specially first 2 months) like in eating, drinking, travelling and work? We had mis-carriage in the mid of November, 2015.

Doctor Answers (1) on Planning 2 conceive again

Sagar KS Bangalore | General Physician
Hi, folic acid tablets are advised to take daily, while trying to conceive. Folic acid helps in development of brain and spinal cord in fetus during first trimester. Its deficiency causes anencephaly and other spinal cord disorders. After the confirmation of preganancy she needs to start iron supplementation along with folic acid tablets. You have to undergo first trimester scan. She can take any healthy diet. Actually she needs good nutrition during this period. Consult obstetrician for furthur advice.