Pimples and their scars

Hey doc, Sometimes few pimples pops out on my face and get crushed while shaving, leaving behind wounds and scars. Can I apply clindamycin phosphate to get rid of pimples and Bio oil to get rid of scars left by them. Please advice !!

Doctor Answers (1) on Pimples and their scars

There are different ways to achieve a flawless skin after acne and it needs medical interventions and commitment on part of the patient. Acne treatment has multiple stages - to control new breakouts, to clear the sequelae (pigmentation and scars) and to prevent a relapse. An attempt to find out the root cause of acne should be made in every patient or else it keeps recurring. Each phase takes a couple of weeks before we move to the next phase of treatment. If you have active acne lesions, it should be controlled on priority basis. Acne scar and pores can be treated with subcisions, dermaroller, fractional CO2 lasers, chemical peels and likewise. Remember combining treatment modalities help to achieve desired results earlier
Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation.