Pimples and marks

I have one cystic pimple over left cheek it is a bit painful and i also have few marks on my face . Cystic pimples are very common on my face .I clear my face every day twice with rose water and apply patanjali aloe vera gel after that . And before sleeping too i apply aloevera gel and at morning wash it of my face with luke warm water. I have been doing it since one week .My pimples are somewhat in control but sir I want much better results what should I do ?

Harisha N L

Pimples at this age could be due to hormonal variation and its quite common ,wash your face twice a day with face wash...avoid dust and pollution, don't puncture pimples as it turns black due to scarring, let it fade on its own , don't apply steroids without prescription...The most appropriate treatment is based on the grade and severity of the acne...The following medications are used in the treatment... Retinoid-like agents ,Antibiotics,Selectivealdosterone antagonist,Acne products, When a topical or systemic antibiotic is used, it should be used in conjunction with benzoyl peroxide or topical retinoid to reduce the emergence of resistance...avoid junk foods,carbohydrates like rice etc,avoid oily foods...add proteins and fibre rich foods to your diet with green tea,green leafy vegetables, fruits... Many procedural treatment options are there...consult dermatologist they will do the needful
Dr. Manoj Agarwala

Thanks for the query. The treatment of acne is a lengthy task. Acne treatment has multiple stages - to control new breakouts, to clear the sequelae (pigmentation and scars) and to prevent a relapse. An attempt to find out the root cause of acne should be made in every patient or else it keeps recurring. Each phase takes a couple of weeks before we move to the next phase of treatment. If you have active acne lesions, it should be controlled on priority basis. Acne scar and pores can be treated with subcisions, dermaroller, fractional CO2 lasers, chemical peels and likewise. Remember combining treatment modalities help to achieve desired results earlier.
Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation.
Apart from active pharmaceutical medicines, a healthy diet and lifestyle is mandatory to achieve results.

Hello....... You continue the same, if it's working, don't show urgency.. It will take time to heal.. And pimples are common in this age, hormones play role in acne formation.. Oily skin has more tendency.. So wash your face twice daily..... That mark will also fade gradually... Consult dermatologist in nearest hospital.
Dr. Akshay Kumar
Ayurveda 4 yrs exp Meerut
Avoid spicey  and junk food..drink plenty of water.. Take Mahamanjisthadi Kwath 15 ml bd after meal for 2 month