Pimples and dark colour

Recently i used benzac ac and epiduo creams to myself from internet search on face.Then skin colour changed to dark instead of preventing dark spots.so how to regain my skin colour?

Doctor Answers (1) on Pimples and dark colour

Acne treatment has multiple stages - to control new breakouts, to clear the sequelae (pigmentation and scars) and to prevent a relapse. An attempt to find out the root cause of acne should be made in every patient or else it keeps recurring. Each phase takes a couple of weeks before we move to the next phase of treatment. If you have active acne lesions, it should be controlled on priority basis. Acne scar and pores can be treated with subcisions, dermaroller, fractional CO2 lasers, chemical peels and likewise. Remember combining treatment modalities help to achieve desired results earlier. Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation.
Stop Self Medications.
Meet a Dermatologist.