Pimples and Acne..

I usually have pimples on my face but it gets cure in a week or two without doing anything but this time it's more than a month these are not getting cured. If one get cure instantly another starts. Currently my face is almost filled with pimples and their marks.. I think either this is due to digestion problem so I started taking safi and mahamanjisthadi kwath but no effect.. I also think this can be hormonal imbalance but I am not sure. What I should do?

Doctor Answers (1) on Pimples and Acne..

Thanks for the query. Acne is a difficult problem to deal with at your age when there are already many issues troubling you. There can be many causes of acne including lifestyle, genetic ,insulin resistance and so on. A comprehensive evaluation will help us identify the cause of the disorder and then it can be treated in a precise manner. ​Acne treatment has multiple stages - to control new breakouts, to clear the sequalae (pigmentation and scars) and to prevent a relapse. If you have active acne lesions, it should be controlled on priority basis. Remember combining treatment modalities help to achieve desired results earlier. Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation and make a path for the flawless skin you aspire for.It also depends on the age of the patient and if planning for conception or not. Various issues need to be decided before initiating the treatment. The dosage and duration is decided by your dermatologist Hope it helps you. Dr MK Agarwala