Pimples &acne
Sir , on my face lat of pimples due to this black spots and small holes are their. iam consulted one doctor he gave some treatment then pimples are reduced but black spots are not reduced then iam due money prob am stop use medicines now pimples are increasing. what to do sir to clear pimples and black spots and small holes my face is always oily face

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal

Hi. Greetings. Acne is a chronic problem. You may need a few medications and lifestyle changes for long term improvement. The following would help you : 1. Daily use of gel based sunscreen in day time of SPF 30 applied half hour before sun exposure to prevent darkening of spots. 2. Daily bed time use of retinoid cream will reduce acne and oiliness 3. Antibiotic agents short course- prescribed by dermatologist for controlling out bursts .salicylic acid based or benzoyl peroxide based face wash for oily skin. 4. Evaluation by dermatologist for any other trigger or need for oral retinoids- this will indeed help but should be taken only if necessary and under monitoring. Also salicylic acid Peel if needed 5. Procedures like microneedling rf, fractional lasers or just microneedling for scars are helpful and necessary. Chemical peels for acne and spots. Using an anti fungal shampoo will be of great help in reducing dandruff and also pimples on forehead 6. Kindly read my blog on daily skin care on Practo health feed. Daily fitness work out and loads of fruits and veggies will help loads in improving your skin. You may Send further queries/ pics of lesions on private follow up chat. Hope this helps. Warm regards. Dr Govind S Mittal
Acne medication can be expensive - kindly discuss affordability of medicines frankly with your dermatologist and then seek prescription instead of discontinuing medications in between
Dr. Syed Rahil
Dermatologist 12 yrs exp Hyderabad
Thanks for your query. Black spots after pimples are post inflammatory hyper pigmentation which will clear spontaneously over a period of time. Creams which contain chemicals like "Hydroquinone" or "Azaelic acid" will help to hasten the process. The treatment of pimples depend on the severity which can be determined only by examination. In most cases mild to moderate acne (pimples) respond to topical treatment. Creams/ gels containing combination of "Retinoids" like Adapaline and antibiotics like Benzoyl Peroxide or Clindamycin can clear the acne. The treatment has to be continued for atleast 3-4 weeks.
I would strongly suggest you to consult a Dermatologist for a proper assessment and customised treatment plan.
Treating acne in the initial stages will prevent scarring and black spots and hence it is wise to consult expert early and follow the treatment plan as advised.