Pimples, acne on cheeks.

Hello, I am 20 years old and I have pimples mostly recurring only on right cheek and rarely on the left cheek and eyebrow area. Mostly they'll be small white coloured(pus kind of) and sometimes I get redness which slowly transforms into a big pimple (white, again) and will be hurting. And the pimples also leave a mark which take a really really long time to fade. I also sometimes get acne. I have been having this problem since I was 13. It was just on nose at that time and now on cheeks. I use no cosmetics and use only home made packs consisting of sandal, multani mitti, haldi, saffron. And I have tried every possible home remedy. Hoping to get a solution. Thank you in anticipation.

Doctor Answers (1) on Pimples, acne on cheeks.

Dr. Vijay Adhe Pune | Dermatologist
Hello
Pimples occur due to blockage of oil from oil glands in the skin and it occurs under hormonal influence. 13 was the age when many changes started happening in your body including hormonal. Taking treatment from specialist as soon you start getting pimples is best idea. No home remedies will help perfectly. Certain factors which may aggravate pimples are stress, oil based occlusive cosmetics and food items like milk and other dairy products. Pimples usually leave behind spots and chances of dark spots increase if you fiddle with them. Please visit a dermatologist asap for proper advise and treatment. Keep patience to see results.