Piles and constipation

I'm suffering from severe burning and itching in my anus. And blood in motion. I could see a small size of external tissue. It's hurt a lot while passing the stool. The whole day itching and burning, so that could not sit or walk. After consulting the doctor, they said, it seems minor and will solve first the constipation ( given oilment and syrup to easy the stool). Now the stool seems soft, but the hole is too small and external pile covering it up. So it's too hard while/after passing the stool. I had this piles problem 2 years ago and it's solved 2 to 3 weeks of medicine, I didn't face this problem for past 1 year. Now came again. I want to get rid of that external and cure this problem permanently. Pls suggest me the best way to handle this problem?
views-icons 64 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Piles and constipation

Dr. Vinod Veerapalli Bangalore | General Physician
Piles is extremely common in Indian population. Diet poor in fiber, less water intake, spicy foods are some contributing factors.  You seem to be suffering from Grade-2 hemorrhoids. They are the veins near anal orifice which get infected and enlarged due to friction from passing hard stools. Medical management with local gels (Smuth) to relieve pain, laxatives to soften stool (Cremaffin plus or Duphalac) and Sitz baths are mainstay of treatment. Surgical treatment is curative and is usually reserved for grade-3 or those patients who fail to respond to medical measures. Please try your best to change food habits by increasing fiber in diet (Carrots, almonds, green leafy veg, oats, cabbage, cauliflower, etc or Cremadiet supplements thrice daily). Drink plenty of water.  Good toilet practices (no straining Asst stools,  going to toilet at first urge, etc). That might eliminate the need for surgery completely. Hope this helps relieve your pain a little.