Pigmentation by sunburn

Had a sunburn problem 6 years back. got many black patches on face and neck. I got the treatment from a doctor. I black skin from neck got cured, but I still have the black & big patches on my face. currently staying in Bangalore and I am looking for a good doctor.

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal

Hi. Greetings. The patches on the face may have persisted since the pigmentation may have been at a deeper level. However it's better you see dermatologist and confirm that your pigmentation is due to sunburn and not something else. You'll need to use sunscreens promptly. Also chemical peels and probably even lasers may be required to improve the pigmentation. You could come for a consultation to me or see a dermatologist near you to discuss the same. Let me know if u need any further assistance in this regard. Dr Govind S Mittal. Bangalore