Phlegm in throat
I quit smoking because I had problems with my throat now I have a lot of phlegm in my throat and it's been 3 weeks what do I do the phlegm is clear and I have bad breath what can be the problem??

Dr. D.Vidyasagar
Rhinologist 11 yrs exp Hyderabad

Smoking causes decrease in the mobility of the normal secretions in the respiratory tract.Good you have quit smoking.Congrats! Frequent sips of water every 15 mins would make the secretions than. Don't repeatedly clear your throat and do not swallow your saliva repeatedly, this will still worsen the situation.Instead drink frequent sips of water. If you are a mouth breather by night and snore that can also dry up your saliva and cause the symptoms.If you have nose blocks and snoring consult an ENT for further management.

Sore throat blood in phlegm Phlegm in throat after eating