Periods twice in a month

So, It started out with some spotting of blood before I started with my period(which has never happened before) and a few days later my period comes.But for the first two days, the blood was darker and then on the third day onwards normal, and it continued like that till the fifth day.Now ten days later, I've some spotting of blood (it continued for 2-3 days) and then I had my period again which lasted for about two days.But during both the times I had my period, I experienced no cramps or anything that might pain me.Can you please help me understand as to what is going on? I've never experienced any abnormalities in my menstrual cycle before, not even once.Kindly revert back.

Dr. Mamta Pattnayak
Gynecologist 14 yrs exp Gurgaon

Hi, it may be any hormonal imbalance.so need to meet gynaecologist.
Dr. Rita Bakshi
Gynecologist/Obstetrician 31 yrs exp Delhi
Hello, You are likely to have an hormonal balance. Are you sexually active? If yes then get a urine pregnancy test to confirm pregnancy. Have taken any king of emergency contraceptives like iPill? I would suggest that you visit my clinic International Fertility Centre located in Green Park, New Delhi so that i can guide you better. You can mail me your contact details to reach you.
Dr. Gayatri Bala Juneja
Gynecologist 22 yrs exp Delhi
Have you ever taken ipill or some sort of emergency contraceptive pills ? If yes than you are having side effects of the medicine.  If no then please get in touch with your gynaecologist for a check up.