Periods inregularty

Hi I m facing periods in regular last 1 year my marriage completed 3 year periods not come on time I m not pregnant I m taking medicine than period come other wise not come gap 1 month 2 month I have no any child now

Doctor Answers (1) on Periods inregularty

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi, In a normal menstrual cycle, a balance between the hormones estrogen and progesterone regulates the buildup of the lining of the uterus (endometrium), which is shed during menstruation. If a hormone imbalance occurs, mentrual irregularities occurs.. Periods can be delayed for a single cycle or it can be delayed in every cycle. If the delay is in only a single cycle, the most likely cause is a temporary cause like stress. If the periods are delayed but regular in every cycle, then the chances are that the woman has a naturally long menstrual cycle and that this delay in her periods is normal for her..Consult gynecologist for further evaluation and treatment...