Periods after delivery

Had delivery on 15 July. Got my first periods on 1 September but after that no periods till now. Done pregnancy test result was negative.. Is this normal or should I personally consult a gynaecologist

Doctor Answers (3) on Periods after delivery

Dr. Rita Bakshi Delhi | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
Hello, Are you breastfeeding? If yes then you are likely to have missed periods due to breastfeeding. Since the pregnancy test result is negative, you are not pregnant. Also, use a contraception during intercourse to avoid pregnancy, which can even occur in absence of periods. Visit a gynecologist for further evaluation and management. You can also visit my clinic International Fertility Centre located in New Delhi for further examination. My clinic offers varied gynecological treatments and services and ensures that you have a successful treatment. You can also share your contact details to reach you.
Dr. Swati Chitnis Mumbai | Gynecologist
If you are breastfeeding, periods may be irregular for a while. It's normal. Pregnancy can occur at this time and you need to use contraception to prevent it. As of now, you are not pregnant. You may opt for condom, progesterone only pills or IUCD. These are safe with lactation. You may see your gynaecologist to clarify your doubts and discuss about method best for you
Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. 

I can understand your concern. 
It could be a normal phenomenon. 
You need not worry.
But i would still suggest you to consult a gynaecologist in person for further evaluation and management. 
Let her examine you once.
Best regards.
Dr. Anil kumar jain.
Bangalore.