Periodical cycle

The starting date of my period is clashing with my marriage date. Is there any method to prepone my periods for that particular month. I was detected with PCOS in 2006 and was under medication for few months. But after that till now I didn't have problem with the cycle. Do I need to visit a Gynaecologist in this regard

Doctor Answers (1) on Periodical cycle

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Traditional birth control pills are designed to mimic a natural menstrual cycle. A traditional pill pack contains 28 pills, but only 21 are active — containing hormones to suppress your fertility. The other seven pills are inactive. The bleeding that occurs during the week you take the inactive pills is withdrawal bleeding, which looks like a period. This is your body's response to stopping the hormones. If you skip the inactive pills and start a new pack of active pills right away, you won't have this withdrawal bleeding...but there are drawbacks and disadvantages for the same...please Consult nearest gynecologists they will help you regarding this.