Periods on Marriage date

I took meprate 60mg after consulting a gynecologist to delay my menstrual cycle so that it will not come on my marriage day. It successfully delayed my cycle from happening on April 13 to April 25..I was expecting my next cycle to come on may 20th so that I will be safe for marriage on june6th..but it is now 35 days and has not yet started..I fear that it may come on my marriage day..please suggest whether taking the tablet again this month will help?

Doctor Answers (1) on Periods on Marriage date

Meprate will delay your period as long as you take it, and you are expected to get a withdrawal bleed within few days of stopping it. I assume that you took Meprate 10mg for six days previously, as per what you have written. You should start taking Meprate ideally few days prior to the expected date of starting a period. As you have missed the last period and it could happen any day now, you should start Meprate, assuming there is no chance of a current pregnancy. Continue the pill till the time you want to keep the period at bay, but bear in mind that there could be breakthrough spotting if the pill is taken for some time. Wish you all the best for your marriage.